Wish I had written this one myself, but the 6 reasons are ALL good reasons to buy a home in today's market, so I'm re-posting this blog entry by Darrell Walters. (Nice and concise, Darrell!) If you're ready to buy that first home now, give me a call and I'll help you get started!
1. Affordability. Based on recent property declines and current interest rates, home affordability has not been higher since it was first tracked over 40 years ago. Your grandparents couldn’t have received a better interest rate than you can today.
2. Tax Breaks. The IRS allows you to deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, your property taxes and, in many cases for those who qualify, some of the costs to buy your home and mortgage insurance. Owning a home is a great way to lower your tax bill.
4. Appreciation. As home prices have fallen precipitously in today’s tough economy, the basis for realizing appreciation in future years is very strong. Historically, even with other periods of declining value, home prices have exceeded consumer inflation. From 1972 through 2005, home prices increased on average 6.5%, according to the National Association of Realtors®.
5. Stability. Knowing you can establish roots and raise a family in one location, free of the desires or needs of your landlord to sell the property you are living in. This is something no other investment provides. You can’t live in a stock, and you can’t raise your kids in a bond.
6. Independence. Enjoy the freedom to do what you want to your home. After all, it’s yours to do what you wish. And, with any improvements you make, you have the ability to benefit from your investment. Try that with an apartment!
Serving the North Central Connecticut region, Hartford County, and the communities of Windsor, Bloomfield, Hartford, East Hartford, South Windsor, Manchester, Windsor Locks, Suffield, Enfield, East Windsor, Somers and the Granbys...
Opening Doors to Home Ownership . . . The Master's Key . . . Residential Sales, Short Sales and Foreclosure Prevention, Multi-Family and Investment Properties, Condominium and Property Management
Opening Doors to Home Ownership . . . The Master's Key . . .
Residential Sales, Short Sales and Foreclosure Prevention, Multi-Family and Investment Properties, Condominium and Property Management
Licensed in the State of Connecticut, ABR, CRS, GRI, PSCS, SFR, Notary Public, Lic. #REB.755648
Broker/Owner of The Master's Key Realty LLC, 340 Broad Street, #320, Windsor, Connecticut 06095
To contact Lisa, call 860-688-1400 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright, Lisa Orme, 2010. All rights reserved.