As real estate agents, there are so many different things each day to put our time and energy to. Some are trivial, some important, and some urgent; some we enjoy, others, not so much. Often we have the luxury of customizing our business to spend most of our time doing the things we like to do more than the things we don't.
We can choose to focus our business on buyers, or sellers. And we can refine it even more than that: we can focus on first time buyers, relocation, investors, or working with some other niche. We can choose to specialize in FSBOs or expireds, REO, short sales, whatever....
Now in this current economy, we may not have the freedom to be so exclusive in how we choose to work, and surely, more often than before, we will have to take on some business that we aren't really happy about having to take on. But it is business, and we appreciate the opportunity to have the business now, don't we?
But along with it comes the fact that every day there are a few things we just don't want to do. Whether its a phone call to a particular person we don't want to make, or a complete revamping of some office systems...Sometimes that one thing we just don't want to do is the one thing that will really make a difference in how well our business moves along. This is where the frogs come in...
Frogs are those things we just don't want to do each day. There is at least one frog in everyone's day. And if you know that sometime during the day you have to "eat that frog", well, it is just better to get it done at the beginning of the day. If you spend the whole day thinking about it, well it just spoils every other thing you've got to do. And it distracts you from being as productive as you could be while you're not doing it.
So how do you eat a frog?
1. Identify the frog: What is the biggest, baddest, nastiest, or just unpleasant thing I'm going to have to handle today?
2. Make a commitment: I AM going to eat that frog!
3. Do it FIRST: Don't procrastinate - the frog just has time to get bigger, whether it's in reality OR in just in your own mind! Make that the first thing you do each day. It's a lot easier to focus on everthing else once that distracting chore is out of the way.
4. Just DO IT!: Don't spend too much time looking at it or thinking about it! It will just look uglier and bigger and more unpalatable the longer you take to think about it.
5. Get on with the rest of your day! After you've eaten a frog, you will feel like you can do anything - and the day has little chance of bringing you something worse than what you've already dealt with.
Just like you take your daily vitamin, or always start your day with a cup of coffee to get you going, make sure you EAT THAT FROG every day! Get it done early and you will notch your business up to the next level! Whether its a little brown horned toad or a big bullfrog doesn't matter. Just get it done! Eating frogs is GOOD for you!
Serving the North Central Connecticut region, Hartford County, and the communities of Windsor, Bloomfield, Hartford, East Hartford, South Windsor, Manchester, Windsor Locks, Suffield, Enfield, East Windsor, Somers and the Granbys...
Opening Doors to Home Ownership . . . The Master's Key . . . Residential Sales, Short Sales and Foreclosure Prevention, Multi-Family and Investment Properties, Condominium and Property Management
Opening Doors to Home Ownership . . . The Master's Key . . .
Residential Sales, Short Sales and Foreclosure Prevention, Multi-Family and Investment Properties, Condominium and Property Management
Licensed in the State of Connecticut, ABR, CRS, GRI, PSCS, SFR, Notary Public, Lic. #REB.755648
Broker/Owner of The Master's Key Realty LLC, 340 Broad Street, #320, Windsor, Connecticut 06095
To contact Lisa, call 860-688-1400 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright, Lisa Orme, 2010. All rights reserved.